I respect the work of Empty Tomb which for years has done in-depth studies of trends in church giving. In October they came out with their new report, The State of Church Giving through 2011. You can download a chapter of the book here. It’s not exactly good news. Religion News Service put out an article on the book here. Just came across this, and both are worth reading.
Announcing Five Ways to Prevent Burnout in Ministry:
A course that shows you how to have more influence in your church and beyond, without feeling overburdened. Enter your e-mail address, and get your free course NOW.
- Learn a surprisingly simple way to get more clarity about your ministry.
- Discover one secret to better relationships in your congregation.
- Learn a quick way to lower your stress in a church meeting.
- Find one way to be more like Jesus in relating to others (and you’ll be surprised at what it is).
- Learn a tool to lift your mood about your ministry.