Six Ways to Last in Ministry
I created this FREE one-page pdf that includes my top six strategies to:
- Energize your ministry day to day and long-term.
- Find more resources for ministry
- Create more space in your life and work
Enter your email address to get Six Ways to Last in Ministry and I'll email you right away.
How I Work
Effective Leader, Healthy Church
What’s it like to work with Margaret Marcuson?
Here are results my clients have reported. On this page I also outline my foundational principles, approach to client projects, and how I differ from most ministry consultants.
- You’ll find a greater sense of direction and purpose for your ministry. You’ll have more clarity about what you want out of ministry.
- You’ll gain more energy and clarity for your ministry. You’ll be clearer about the boundaries in your ministry.
- Others will step up to the plate as you get clearer about what you are responsible for—and just as important -what you aren’t.
- You will learn an effective approach to conflict which allows you and other church leaders to take a stand with difficult people and to ride out conflict instead of being thrown by it.
Guiding Beliefs or Values
Leadership. Leadership can make a real difference in the world.
Faith. I trust that God’s purposes are at work in us and in the world. I do this work because I’ve been called to it.
Hope. Opportunities for learning, growth and possibility are always present.
Reliability. I keep my word, and follow through on what I say I will do.
Depth. My goal is always to take my clients and myself deeper.
I work with leaders on how they make a difference.
My approach is not about a quick fix or about changing others, but about how leaders themselves step up to the important task of facing challenges, inertia and resistance.
I work with pastors to discover their own deep resources for leading out of themselves. I help them see the bigger picture of their long term goals and the kind of self-development, strategy and persistence most likely to get them there.
Whether I work with a minister for a day or over a long period of time, the focus is the same: to help clergy lead as they
1) develop greater clarity about their own self, purpose and goals, and
2) develop stronger relationships with those they lead.
The bottom line: a more solidly grounded ministry with far greater potential for long-term ministry results.
I know what ministry is like because I lived it as a pastoral leader for fifteen years. I offer a wider perspective on the way churches function and how to make a difference within them. Rather than a leadership technique or formula, I offer a new way to live in ministry which fits your unique calling and giftedness.
Learn about the specific services and programs I offer by going to the Services Page. Click Here!