Six Ways to Last in Ministry
I created this FREE one-page pdf that includes my top six strategies to:
- Energize your ministry day to day and long-term.
- Find more resources for ministry
- Create more space in your life and work
Enter your email address to get Six Ways to Last in Ministry and I'll email you right away.
How I Work
Effective Leader, Healthy Church
What’s it like to work with Margaret Marcuson?
Here are results my clients have reported. On this page I also outline my foundational principles, approach to client projects, and how I differ from most ministry consultants.
She’s gold. Whatever she says, do it.
Rev. John Reutter-Harrah, Pastor,
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
- You’ll find a greater sense of direction and purpose for your ministry. You’ll have more clarity about what you want out of ministry.
- You’ll gain more energy and clarity for your ministry. You’ll be clearer about the boundaries in your ministry.
- Others will step up to the plate as you get clearer about what you are responsible for—and just as important -what you aren’t.
- You will learn an effective approach to conflict which allows you and other church leaders to take a stand with difficult people and to ride out conflict instead of being thrown by it.
I’m lead pastor at a United Methodist Church, and find each coaching session with Margaret to be wonderfully helpful. I’m always surprised by what emerges in our conversations. Working with her helps clarify “the next right thing” to do. Having a safe place to explore church-related issues, reduces my anxiety and renews my truth in God.
Rev. Kim Risedorph, pastor,
Asbury United Methodist Church, Livermore, CA
Guiding Beliefs or Values
Leadership. Leadership can make a real difference in the world.
Faith. I trust that God’s purposes are at work in us and in the world. I do this work because I’ve been called to it.
Hope. Opportunities for learning, growth and possibility are always present.
Reliability. I keep my word, and follow through on what I say I will do.
Depth. My goal is always to take my clients and myself deeper.
I work with leaders on how they make a difference.
My approach is not about a quick fix or about changing others, but about how leaders themselves step up to the important task of facing challenges, inertia and resistance.
I work with pastors to discover their own deep resources for leading out of themselves. I help them see the bigger picture of their long term goals and the kind of self-development, strategy and persistence most likely to get them there.
Whether I work with a minister for a day or over a long period of time, the focus is the same: to help clergy lead as they
1) develop greater clarity about their own self, purpose and goals, and
2) develop stronger relationships with those they lead.
The bottom line: a more solidly grounded ministry with far greater potential for long-term ministry results.
I know what ministry is like because I lived it as a pastoral leader for fifteen years. I offer a wider perspective on the way churches function and how to make a difference within them. Rather than a leadership technique or formula, I offer a new way to live in ministry which fits your unique calling and giftedness.
Learn about the specific services and programs I offer by going to the Services Page. Click Here!