In my last post, I wrote about six ways to practice defining yourself at church.
But listening is equally important. Here are six ways to practice:
- In any conversation, listen as much as you talk.
- Don’t argue. Listen.
- Don’t defend yourself. Listen.
- Don’t defend someone else. Listen.
- Be curious while you listen. What can you learn about this person?
- While you are listening, pay attention to your own response. Are you anxious, bored, interested, agreeing, disagreeing. What do you notice?
How do you practice listening in your own ministry?